Sunday, February 28, 2010

Menopausal Momma - The Song

This entry is dedicated to "Oody Booty", fellow writer and author of "The Change" - a fine rap tune dedicated to the precursor of this songs title: Hint - Oodie's subject matter rhymes with "frustration" but starts with the letter "M". You can figure it out, especially if you are a woman.


Beneath the soft fluffy covers
I cuddle and dream
of soft sandy beaches and beautiful things.
Blankets pulled close to
My gray whiskered chin.
But all that stuff stops, after she climbs in.

Round 2 or 3 am, I notice it's cold
The Sheets are all wrapped round
My knobby old toes.
There's a bruise on my thighbone
Where last I got kicked.
While next to me she moans, "Its Hot Flashes, Again!"

Chorus

Yeah, she's my menopausal Momma
Erupting in the night
An estrogen spoutin' fountain
Of thrashing heat and light.
But she's the sweetest little thing
I've ever seen,.
So I just pull the covers up,
And go back to my dream.

As the morning sun arises
She dreams her happy dreams,
I'm still in a coma half asleep
And looking at her laying there
You'd never ever know-
Lies a raging, menopausal volcano...

Repeat Chorus - The End

This morning, a tiny little girl waddles down the beach furiously waving a long handled net with a red scoop on it's end. Her grandparents wobble along after her laughing with delight as their grandaughter flings netfulls of sand joyously skyward, as this - my personal balcony playhouse continues to unfold.

My beautiful wife (the object of the above written tune) is curled up on the sofa finishing a book she began reading yesterday. While the volcano is thus occupied, I think I will head out to my beloved beach for a run on this early Sunday morning.

Maybe I'll even pass the same small girl and dream of the days when my own children were young, holding daddy's hand on a beach and gleefully flinging netfulls of sand toward the skies above. As always, I will give thanks to all those who have gone before me for another day of life, love and menopausal bliss.

1 comment:

  1. ...sign, if only we had captured that champagne-soaked Meno-splosion on video, so all who question its existence and efficacy could finally see the light.
    jill pill

    ReplyDelete